Saturday, January 19, 2008

About me

I know that I'm not the most cheerful person, and that at times I can bring the rain on the happiest of times, but I wasn't always like this, once upon a time, I was a happy kid.
I don't know where I went wrong, whether it was something that I did, or it was something that happened to me, but I do know that it isn't very fun being the way I am right now, and that I want more than anything in the world to not be like this, to just be like everyone else even for only a few minutes, I want to be happy, I want to be like everyone else.
and yea yea I know that I'm not the only person in the world who has problem, and I know that everything happens for a reason, but sometimes I wonder what that reason might be, what could the state that I'm in possibly contribute to the rest of my life?

2 comments:

(kirstyn) said...

maybe this time in your life is a way of showing you that you need to keep on searching for something more. For something real, and full, and beautiful.
I don't think it's something you did.
"Christian" people always say stuff like, "God made you sick to teach you something" or "You're going through this hardship for a reason" or whatever, and I don't agree at all.
The reason we go through hardship in this life is cuz this world is filled with sin. The thing that God promises though, is that when we go through confusing periods in life that he's gonna be there with us... even when it doesn't feel like he's there. He never lets us go off the deepend without a life-presever following.

not your average jo said...

I like rain. I think it makes the air a lot clearer after its done. When it's perfect and sunny for a long time sometimes I wish it would rain, just so that those sunny days would feel even warmer.
So I don't think that you ever went wrong. I think we start wrong and never go right. But for some reason we think everyone was born unbroken.
Maybe the fact that you're not like everyone else is a good thing. The fact that your not happy sucks...but happiness is fleeting. When you do grasp those moments of happiness, they'll feel that much better, because you know what its like to feel empty. So keep bringing the rain and make the rest of the world clearer to us all.
Only after you understand what a real storm is like, can you appreciate the sun on your back.