Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Nothing changes too much, unfortunatly

And as the tear drips from my eye

and as the sweat streaks down my brow

and as the blood trickles from my cut

I know you could never understand


And as your words pierce my heart

and as there glares tear my soul

and as her laugh slams my ears

I know you could never understand


For how could one so beautiful

feel what I feel

and how could one so wise

feel the way I feel

and how could on so liked

feel how I feel


Maybe one day the ugliest duckling

will turn into a swan

maybe one day the butterfly

will come out of it'd cocoon


and fly away to find somewhere else



thank you Insomnia, laced with sorrow


2 comments:

Luke Anthony said...

Actually I really like this one! It's the first one I've read that I could really believe as a good song. The repetition of "Feel...I feel" in the middle is well-done, and the last verse has a great semi-rhyme (swan/cocoon). Worse points were the word "slams" which sticks out unpleasantly (among "cut, tear, streak, trickle, pierce, it just sounds hard and sudden). Also the last line might be better without "find", consider it.

"laced with sorrow" woot

Ben said...

wow, I never actually imagined this one as a song