Friday, April 11, 2008

Close your Eyes, See my World


Close your eyes, close them
and imagine
my world

I am sitting here in the dark
watching, waiting, hoping, praying,

I am watching
the gloom and the darkness
the depression and the death

I am waiting
through the solitude
through the fear
through the uncertainty

I am hoping
for all this to end
for me to be strong
for my family
for peace

I am praying
that there will be wisdom
that there will be deliverance
that there will be peace
that I will wake up tomorrow
I am praying for you
I am praying for you

I am living in a world of evil
in a world of
rape
murder
theft
fury
malice
deceit
I am living in a world of genocide
a world of nightmares

I walk down the street and I see
burnt houses
empty children
dead parents
injustice

I must keep walking because I must survive
I must survive because I must remember
I must remember because I must tell our story

For you can open your eyes
you can forget
you can wake up
but I can't this is my world
my nightmare
and I can't let you forget

No comments: