Monday, April 27, 2009

The only reason that I am even attempting to believe in God is because he predestined me to....
Ok?
and the only reason that some one else wouldn't attempt to believe in God is because he didn't predestine him to...
Ok?
and God will never turn anyone away that tries to come to him...
Ok?
and we are not supposed to try to figure out if we have been predestined, we are just to believe and try to follow Jesus...
Ok?

So then if we are not supposed to question whether or not God predestined us, we are just supposed to believe and follow, then wouldn't everyone be saved, because God would not turn any one away, and we would all be following and believing, the predestined and the non predestined, then wouldn't everyone go to heaven?

You know what, this is really confusing...

4 comments:

Luke Anthony said...

Predestination, I would say, is more of a "reading the end of the book" thing. God knows it's going to happen, but the story didn't make it inevitable that everyone end up how they did. (Or it wouldn't be worth reading...)

Rather, if we believe God gave us any choice at all, predestination is ludicrous. Why on earth would he make us? And moreover, why on earth would he make some people FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE that they go to Hell for eternity?

I don't think that's Godlike, or even possible...

Ben said...

take it up with my pastor...then re-explain it to me

Madeleine said...

I think predestination is the assumption that God sees time and events exactly the way we do.
And wouldn't the Creator want their own creation to be creative? I like the idea that we can change God's mind. Like Moses did.
I'd take your pastor's opinions with a grain of salt - predestination is NOT fact.

(kirstyn) said...

Don't hate me, all of yous.

But I don't agree with predestination.